Head of US Tax
Our client is a leading Hedge Fund Manager with [$62] billion in assets under management and made up of 500 professionals operating from offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and China, with a distinctive culture that is meritocratic, challenging and innovative.
The Tax team at this hedge fund sits at the heart of business, which is why, with recent expansion in size and complexity both globally and within the United States, there is now a need for an experienced internal U.S. Tax Advisor to become our new Head of US Tax.
You will be supported in terms of resourcing to oversee all aspects of US tax compliance such that your primary role will be as a strategic partner on US tax matters across the business - both funds and management companies. Working collaboratively with the Global Head of Tax in London, you will provide thought leadership on U.S. tax strategy and be proactive in bringing ideas and innovation to the table.
Responsibilities will include:
- Keeping up to date with US tax developments, keeping the business up to date with the impact of legislative changes and proactively seeking out solutions and improvements where appropriate.
- Working with Client Servicing and Legal on investor related queries, issues, and bespoke fund structures.
- Support to Operations and the investment teams on fund transactions, e.g., corporate actions, operational tax matters.
- Overseeing all aspects of US tax compliance.
- Partner and employee related matters, including remuneration and mobility issues.
- Tax set-up of new offices and related inter-state issues.
- Making tax processes more efficient with the innovative use of technology in tax.
- Managing tax authority enquiries/audits.
The firm seeks a US Tax trained accountant, who is CPA or JD/LLM Qualified, with 10+ years of US Tax experience, including 5+ years in asset management. We are wanting someone who is Hedge Fund focussed, and private equity experience is also desirable. You must also have solid experience with wider inbound/outbound and international tax interactions of a US business that sits within a foreign-headquartered structure. Our ideal candidate is proactive, innovative, and resilient, and can independently manage their own workload. Alongside this, we are looking for someone with excellent verbal and written communication - you will need to be able to both explain complex tax matters to non-tax stakeholders, as well as convey your ideas confidently to senior management.
The firm is offering a very competitive salary along with a bonus of at least 50% of the base salary.